Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Go-Go-Gadget-Get-the-fuke-out-of-my-class!

I got kicked-out of my Theology class today. I haven't been kicked-out of a class since High School! What happened? Well, as a student enrolled in this course, it is my responsibility to post my response on our college course site to our current reading assignment. Simple enough. I made a comment about how this class just talks about the mysteries of God, going full-circle, and not getting anywhere but more confused. Alas, I am not going to be a preacher-man, nor will I need to know this to save my life someday (ironically, it might happen - lol), but this course was a bad idea at this point. I LOVE discussing theology with others, and challenging what they believe, but apparently my professor was not pleased with my post, felt that I had trashed-talked about it and insulted him, so he dismissed me before he started class. I left unashamedly, but embarrassed. I cannot apologize again...I apologized on my post later before class. Did he read my apology? He is the professor, and I am his student, but I cannot put myself so low that I have no respect for myself anymore. I apologized, but kept to my guns. Maybe he will let me back in if I kiss his ass in front of everyone and take ten lashings in the back?
Maybe. Well, I am not going to let this bother me too much anymore. I need to go do my cleaning job and pray for a car...since I have no amount of serious work hours and cannot get a better job, money is super-tight and a car seems to be impossible to save for, so...PRAYER!!! (I wonder if anyone reads these blogs)?

1 comment:

  1. Umm, to answer your last question, I did.

    I don't know anything about you at this point, but it sounds like your preacher man has a problem with free speech and is full of insecurities. I mean, let the most scathing of diatribes be written, right? I learned a long time ago....God can take care of himself. My meager defence of him is paltry compared to God defending himself. Maybe I missed the whole point, I'm not sure, but kicking you out unless you were disruptive is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete