Friday, January 16, 2009

Hair, Skin, Boobs *

My hair is getting really long now. The back reaches past my shoulders and rests on my upper back. The sides almost reach the bottom of my neck/shoulders, and the front bangs can almost reach tip-to-tip under my chin. When I wash my hair, I lose a lot of it to the drain. The drain claims my hair and turns it into a "pipe wookie". GLLLAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG! Good thing is I have a drain screen to collect most of it. For a while, I collected my hair to prove to myself that I was indeed going bald. My hair is thinning out, I just know it! *SIGH* Well, I am told by my girlfriends that it is normal. Ya, but I am a dude still! This is a sign of balding! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I guess I need to relax a little...stress can cause hair loss too. I use a nice protein/strengthening conditioner called Treseme'. It seems to do the trick with detangling my hair and stopping split ends. Smells good too. :) When my hair is dry. it fluffs. This has always been a bother to me. My hair is not so managable when it is fluffy. Ya, it feels light and thick, but it blows everywhere in the slightest of winds and gets into knots again. When my hair is two days without washing (I know, that is yucky, but I am a dude still, so BACK OFF!) it gets that "bad boy" look to it and the back hair rings. Ya, it curls naturally, which is super awesome. I could talk about my hair longer, but I need to mention another sweet detail.
My skin is so soft now. It's really nice to feel. I still have my hairy arms, but that is just to keep people from looking at me and figuring out too much. I still have to hide my process from the college and my church. What a sad, sad thing to hide. Myself. Anyway, with my hairy arms and chin strap-beard thing, I look like a dude for the most part. What women in her right mind would honestly grow a chin strap-beard? Ya, not many I assume. So I have these two things to throw at the world to say "Hey, I'm just a dude with shaved legs, man boobs and a cute face...so leave me alone...or I'll...uh...I'll kick your butt". Not very convincing. lol - So, my skin is super soft, and I owe it all to 2 things: hormones and lotion. Estrogen has some pretty crazy side effects, which include amazingly soft skin. Not saying that the side effects are evil, just crazy. :) Ya, and I also have less oil in my skin too, so no more acne from that! I use lotion on my skin whenever I get out of the shower or bath, especially after I shave my chest and legs (I still have hair in places that I don't want to discuss). Sometimes I use plain old Sauve brands, but sometimes I freshen my senses with ultra-moisturizing Victoria's Secret scented lotions. Ahhhhhhh, so nice, so smooth, so wonderful smelling. ^_^
Now, the only problem that I have would be the boobs. I can guess what you are thinking: "You are transitioning...boobs shouldn't be a problem". Well, they are not. I do like them. I do encourage my boobs to grow, much like a lady watering her plants and talks to them. Ya, I massage my breasts and talk to them. SO I AM A FREAK! BIG DEAL! At least I don't talk to flowers! The problem is not that they are hard to hide from the all-fearing, all-hating mass of solid-gendered people, but that they HURT. I was told this would happen for a while, but seriously, they get so sensitive sometimes. It is like I live with a partner. Always so sensitive to my touching and aggrivated by my clothing! Nothing pleases them. They are always fighting with me about what I wear, what I eat, how I exercise, what I watch on television...lol...everything! Now, I know it is because of the hormones I ma taking, so I know it is my fault, but there has got to be a solution to the odd pains that pulse beneath my nipples. Oh! Another thing...when I get into the shower, my breasts are usually the ones in mortal terror. You know, right? You feel the water spraying down and it feels really nice, but as soon as you step into the shower your boobs yell out "Holy Crap! This water is hot"! So, you jump out and grab your boobs really fast and tell them you're sorry. Ya, so I have developing breasts. Nice, but can be painful and troublesome.
That's about it. If you are transitioning as well, or if you are a girl who's been through something similar to what I am going through, then you can appreciate my babbling about these 3 subjects.
And if you had NO idea that I was going through all this, well, now you do. How about that?
Until next time - See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment