Friday, January 16, 2009

My Letter to College of the Ozarks

I was just curious as to why most Christian colleges do not permit men to wear earrings or small studs in their earlobes. What's the problem? How does this relate to the Bible and the words of Jesus? Where does it say that men cannot pierce their ears in a modest, clean and attractive manner? What is the difference? Is it because we are not women? If it is because we are not women, but men, AND it cannot be reinforced by the Bible stating that either gender can or cannot pierce their ears, then this 'rule' is completely out-of-date and needs reconsidering. It should be the choice of every student to have jewelry in their ears or not, as a man or a woman. No earings is like saying "please, don't have an identity. Be like the Japanese. They are like black-haired work robots without a whole lot of character". I know, this sounds a bit racist, but I assure you, I am not in the least racist. This is just a fact, or so I am told and can see in their country.

I wanted to go here. I heard some great things. I currently attend a Bible college in Michigan. I have earrings. I don't feel rebellious, seductive or "gangsta" in anyway. I am not a homosexual nor a biker. The image of men with earrings can be the ONLY reason why schools like mine and yours deny men the privelage to wear such things. But the coin flips for women! Same jewelry, but now instead of a homosexual gangsta rebellion ensuing, it becomes an accepted part of their physical identity and is often praised. Earrings were never meant to be "sided" for one gender only!

Okay, so I blabbed enough. I know I have not changed your minds, nor have you read the entire 'complaint' I'm sure. I just needed to get the IDIOCRACY out of my head about silly Christian imagery for upright citizens.

Your Christian brother,

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment